Schmersal, India’s Production Facility
Schmersal is a leading name in Germany, developing and manufacturing an extraordinary wide range of high-quality switchgears for the protection of machines and plants in industry automation and lift industry.
Their latest production facility in Ranjangaon, near Pune has been built by Precast India Infrastructures Pvt. Ltd. We recently secured the BAI ” Well-Built Structure” Award for this building.
A wide range of precast elements were incorporated in this project, like – Hollow Core Slabs, Double T beams, Precast Staircases, Precast retaining walls etc. Using these elements, the structural design had to accommodate certain special requirements like –
- 1500 kg/m2 loading on Hollow Core Slabs
- Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Service Hangers were suspended between 2 adjoining Hollow Core Slabs, which eliminated the need to re-fabricate a support structure for these hangers.
- Precast Retaining walls were designed as Double T walls, retaining around 4.0m of earth load.
- Self Standing type of precast plinth beams were used.
- A combination of precast and cast-in-situ construction was employed taking into account special requirements.
Key Facts and Figures
- Area: 64500 sft
- Quantity of Precast Concrete Components: 3385 m3